Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tasty Treat Tuesday

Today I have decided to share a recipe for all the mommy's who make their little ones food. It is called Pasta Risotto.

1/2 cup orzo or other small pasta shapes
1 small carrot, peeled and diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese

Put the pasta in a saucepan together with the carrot, cover generously with boiling water, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and the broccoli and continue to cook for about 7 minutes. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the drained pasta and vegetables, and toss with the butter and cheddar cheese until the cheese has melted.

This is suitable for freezing.

2 comments:

Corie said...

YUM!:) I forgot to do a recipe today! Yours looks really good, Camdyn would LOVE it too!

Mimi said...

HI!!!
Somehow I missed your tasty treat last week, wow that looks so good and healthy , I love side dish ideas, that is where I'm really lousy!!!
love,
jamie