Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our little Princess

Our little Princess is now 8 months old. She had her first taste of yogurt yesterday and we found out that she was allergic to it. She broke out in hives and of course I freaked out because the nurse was telling me she could go into shock and then we would have to call 911...why don't they tell you that it would happen right away...not 3 hours later. I think they like hearing mothers in distress. Needless to say our little one is just fine. After some Benedryl to help the hives go away and some cereal she rested well last night, and mom is no longer freaking out!

Ever since she was 2 months old she has developed a skin irritation. I am not sure if it is related to the formula or not. I was not able to continue nursing after 2 months because I developed an infection. Well it was at the time that we started Morgan on formula that her skin problem arose. We have been referred to a dermatologist to hopefully find out what is going on. My thoughts is she might have a milk allergy, or dairy allergy considering our little episode with the yogurt. We will pray for the best and hope that she does not have a dairy allergy...it would be sad to miss out on ice cream for her first birthday!



This is after bath time. Morgan loves to play in the tub now!

No comments: